Monday, January 2, 2012

Thinking Outside The Brain


Today's Word is Numinous
Definition:  Supernatural, mysterious, awe-inspiring

Thinking Outside The Brain
Usually my thoughts stay inside my head.  I think them, safely and privately, in that gray matter between my ears.  They aren’t dangerous, most of the time they are nonsense about how hungry I am or what that odor is that I currently smell.  Well, today, at exactly 10:23 am, my thoughts escaped.
What once was just a casual and completely intangible pondering has become real world mayhem.  Imagine if everything you thought, EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT, all of a sudden came into real world existence.  Do you have that picture inside your head?  Now, multiply that by a billion and that is how screwed up things get.
At exactly 10:23 am I was walking down the street.  Just like any other Saturday, there was a fair bit of foot traffic on a sidewalk wide enough for 5 people shoulder to shoulder.  I saw a dog relieving itself on a fire hydrant, very cliché I know, but there it was.  I thought to myself “that poor hydrant can’t even defend itself”.  As if on cue, the hydrant sprouted arms, unscrewed its cap and handily gave the dog a taste of it’s own medicine, sending it rolling across the sidewalk in an outpouring of water on par with Old Faithful.  Utterly freaked out by what I just saw, I thought that couldn’t have just happened; just like that, it hadn’t happened, everything was back to the way it was.  The dog was walking down the street with its owner in tow completely oblivious to what had just occurred. 
I thought to myself “Man, you are going crazy!”  Poof!   I’m in a straitjacket! 
And now everything starts happening as fast as thought…
I rip through the straitjacket with my brand new, huge, muscles.
Huge muscles turn into flabby arms, then back into even larger muscles
I’m in the gym holding massive amounts of weights above my head.
I’m surrounded by a crowd of cheering people in an arena; I’ve just broken a world record.
Now I’m naked.  Laughing and pointing commences.
I turn red hot in embarrassment…literally.
I’m in a pool producing a cloud of steam.
Flying a plane through the clouds.
Crash into the ocean.
Deserted Island.
Wilson!
Back on the street where I began. 
I look at my watch; it is 10:24am.  It’s been one minute.  WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED?!   I must look shell shocked or like some sort of loony right now.  I need to find a seat to process the numinous events that have just occurred.
Somewhere unseen…
“Bahahahahahahaha!!!!  That was awesome, God!”  exclaims St. Peter
“I told you!  Isn’t this fun?!” says God, “Now watch what happens when I do it to that lady in the grocery store.”  

2 comments:

  1. I really ought to write down my dreams when I wake. I can only imagine how cool it would be if they were real. Especially the ones where I'm running really fast or flying or breathing underwater. Keep up the good work! I hope to see a lot more very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting (hopefully) everyday! Also, I think most of my dreams would be too weird for people, I'll just stick to making stuff up. :)

    ReplyDelete